Jason Rockwell Cox

International Travel

Name:
Location: ILM, NC

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The skydiving adventure never happened because they were booked until the next day and they were charging $300 NZ dollars. We camped at Gilispies Beach and hiked to a lagoon and through the forest for hours. The next morning we went to Franz Josef glacier. There were huge ice chunks in the river and waterfalls everywhere. I washed my face in the glacier river and drank some of the water. Then we headed to Taraunga Bay where there is a large seal colony. We followed the crowd to the top of the cliff that overlooked the colony. On the way down I spotted a seal by itself near the beach. I climbed the rocks until I was 15ft from it. We got tons of pictures. Then I got to close and the seal did a scream, lounge, bite combo that made me scream like a little school girl. He almost bit my leg off. Now we are in Picton. There are vineyards and orchards everywhere. The plan is to catch the ferry to Wellington in a couple of hours and find a hostel for the night. I havent showered since the day before New Years Eve and today is Jan. 4th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home