Jason Rockwell Cox

International Travel

Name:
Location: ILM, NC

Sunday, December 31, 2006

NEW ZEALAND


So we rent a small campervan for 22 days. It ended up being about $500 US dollars a piece. The van has a mattress, cooler, propane stove and tons of pots to cook with. This will save us money in the long run. I spent New Years Eve sleeping the back of the van with some sort of flu. It was probably the bird flu being around all those damn Asians! just kidding. I took lots of medicine and took it easy and I feel much better but I was asleep by 10pm. The interesting thing is it doesn't get dark here until 10 at night! I think it is called Land of the Midnight Sun or something like that. We drove all the way down to the ferry that goes to Stewart Island and hiked around this old gunpoint on a hill that was used as a lookout during one of the wars. The vegetation here is almost more remarkable than Costa Rica and we havent even made it to the WEST COAST of the SOUTH ISLAND yet. We are in Queenstown now. The drive up the mountains to get here was absolutely beautiful. I am thinking about going skydiving tomorrow or the next day but havent made up my mind yet. Hopefully I will be able to get some pics up here in the next day or two...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home